ADSM-L

Re: TSM Upgrade

2000-09-21 13:11:28
Subject: Re: TSM Upgrade
From: "France, Don G (Pace)" <don.france-eds AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:11:25 -0700
In the tradition of ADSM, I would avoid the first release;  we waited until
373 for the first TSM, now I recommend the 4.1.1 level, BUT only if you need
a new feature only found in 4.1.

We've been running 373 with 372.01 clients on Win2K servers for the past 6
weeks, on two separate environments.  Did a 3rd server install on Win2k-Pro,
all went (mostly) smoothly.  The NT-device config for Dell-120T needed help
setting the element number, but that was the only "glitch" we've seen, so
far;  the Dell-130T device-config was correct at the outset.  Also, we've
installed 2 AIX servers with 373, one has 30 Solaris 372 clients and 5 NT
clients... all environments are installed and running okay.  (Minor hang-ups
due to inadequate handling of Win2K System Objects, we're planning to use
NT-Backup to achieve "incremental" versions for restore, as in the old NT
days!)

Hope this helps.

Don France

Technical Architect, P.A.C.E.