ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:27:38

Ok, I tried to resist the thread. Arcserve on Netware5 SP5 can backup and
restore across the wire 17Gigs an hour. Nothing spectacular but 10 times faster
than what I can get out of TSM. I'm still looking for why TSM seems so slow.
Whats more, TSM has a problem in getting long filename support while Arcserve is
OK. On the other hand the stability of Arcserve on Netware is poor, but then so
is dsmc on Netware. We use the Arcserve push-agents to get transfer rates from
remote server to the Host server up, I wish TSM had something similiar.  The
killer for the TSM is that I refuse to put the TSM agents on the production
servers due to the frequent abends, instead I put them on a high-horsepower box
that does nothing else but run the TSM incrementals. Normal day to day TSM is
great, but in a disaster recovery,. It scares the hell out of me. Then I would
be glad I maintained Arcserve.

Blair

Mike Glassman - Admin <admin AT IAA.GOV DOT IL> on 09/21/2000 12:57:47 AM