ADSM-L

3.1 client support after January 2001

2015-10-04 17:27:38
Subject: 3.1 client support after January 2001
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
We are in the process of upgrading our OS/390 ADSM 3.1 server to TSM 3.7. We
have a number of client systems for which no 3.7 clients are available (one
Solaris 2.5.1, one SCO OpenServer, and a number of HP-UX 10.20 systems). We
will end up with these clients using 3.1 clients to connect to the 3.7
server.
Earlier postings to this list make it clear that this is a supported mode of
operation at present. What happens at the end of January 2001? That is the
end
of support for ADSM 3.1. As far as I can tell from Tivoli's Web site, that
date applies to all parts of ADSM 3.1: server code and client code alike. Am
correct in understanding that there will be no supported means of providing
TSM backup coverage for the clients mentioned above after January 31, 2001?