ADSM-L

Re: TSM server 3.7.3.0 crashing

2000-09-21 09:39:04
Subject: Re: TSM server 3.7.3.0 crashing
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:39:12 -0400
>My TSM 3.7.3.0 server is crashing at least once a day for the last 5 days.
>ANR7834S Thread 49 (tid 3196) terminating on signal 11 (Segmentation
>violation).

Eric - Segv is a flat-out programming error.  If you can identify the
circumstances
       under which it's occurring, you may be able to avoid it; but in the long
run you'll need to get a fix from Tivoli.  (Consider using SHOW THREADS and
opsys thread display commands, before the next failure, to help identify the
one that does fail on Segv, to possibly help you avoid the operation involved.)
    I regard TSM 3.7 as the painful version of the product in transitioning from
IBM ADSM to Tivoli TSM development.  I'm avoiding 3.7 - and very much hope that
4.x exhibits stabilized development.

    Richard Sims, BU