ADSM-L

Re: Unknown Exchange API error

2000-09-21 08:22:25
Subject: Re: Unknown Exchange API error
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 08:16:17 -0400
Thomas,

We have seen this a few times but cannot pinpoint it
without a trace... TDP for Exchange is calling
an Exchange API to do something and the Exchange Server
is giving an error that even it as no error message for...
...which means the Exchange Server wasn't expecting
it to experience this error either...

First thing to try, is stopping and restarting
the Microsoft Exchange service. If that doesn't work,
reboot the entire machine. I know some folks don't like
this because it masks the root of the problem..
...that is "how did we get to this state?"...I agree...
... but I want to get your backups running again if this is
a production server.  If it a test server and you have
time to help us and Microsoft find out what the problem is
and why the Exchange Server is in this state GREAT...call IBM support.

If it still doesn't clear up, IBM will need a trace
to see exactly the error message and return code so
that we can determine the error and possibly
get Microsoft involved to help us diagnose the
problem with the Exchange Server.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler