ADSM-L

Urgent info required for TSM,Solaris7 and Informix 64bit

2000-09-20 06:00:53
Subject: Urgent info required for TSM,Solaris7 and Informix 64bit
From: Marc Layne <mlayne AT FARITEC.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:08:14 +0200
Hi all

We need to backup our Informix databse running on Solaris 7. However the TSM
3.7 client does not have 64bit API. So.... i upgraded client to TSM 4.1.1
which is 64 bit enabled, hoowever the readme.api file says that this API
does not support Informix onbar backups native anymore and that TDP for
Informix is required. Can anyone shed some light on this??

Is anyone running Informix ver 9.2 IDS in 64bit mode backing up to TSM. Any
help will be urgently and greatly appreciated. Our box goes into production
in a couple of days and obviously needs to be backed up.... I have checked
the tivoli site and could not find any evidence of what needs to be done..

Thanks
Marc

Marc Layne
Product Manager - Storage and Software Solutions
Faritec

Mobile: +27 82 4169086        email: mlayne AT faritec.co DOT za
Office:  + 27 21 7629702               http://www.faritec.co.za