ADSM-L

Re: Determining Capacity on ADSM?

2015-10-04 17:27:38
Subject: Re: Determining Capacity on ADSM?
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>tsm: TSM>select count (*) from volumes where devclass_name='stk9710'
>
>  Unnamed[1]
>-----------
>           0
>
>tsm: TSM>select count (*) from drmedia
>
>  Unnamed[1]
>-----------
>          49
>
>tsm: TSM>select avg(EST_CAPACITY_MB) from volumes where
>devclass_name='stk9710'
>
>                        Unnamed[1]
>
>whats wrong with first and third query? or not applicable to stk?
>---------------------------------

This is user-defined at installation/configuration.
Do a "query devclass" and see what your tapes are using.
(Case counts to select....)
Mine show:

tsm: ADSM>q devclass

Device        Device         Storage     Device        Format
Est/Max      Mount
Class         Access            Pool     Type
Capacity      Limit
Name          Strategy         Count                                  (MB)
---------     ----------     -------     ---------     ------
--------     ------
--------     ------
DISK          Random               3
DISK          Random               3
LOOPBACK      Sequential           0     SERVER
10,240.0          2
MAGSTAR3-     Sequential           7     3590          DRIVE
0.0          3
  590

on another note:

m147397@f1n01 $mtlib -?

Usage: mtlib -[acdfiklmnqstvCDV?]
Arguments: -f[filename]   device special Filename, i.e. "/dev/rmt0".
            -x[number]     device number, i.e. "518350".
            -l[filename]   Library special filename, i.e. "/dev/lmcp0".
            -q[type]       Query library information option.
                           type should be one of the following:
                                V  Volume data.
                                L  Library data.
                                S  Statistical data.
                                I  Inventory data.
                                C  Category inventory data.
                                D  Device data.
                                E  Expanded volume data.
                                K  inventory volume count data.
                                R  Reserved Category List
                                A  Category Attribute List
                                M  All Mounted Volumes
            -m             Mount option.
            -d             Demount option.
            -D             List of devices in library.
            -E             Used with -D option for expanded device list
            -c[request id] Cancel pending request option.
            -n             No wait mode.
            -i[request id] Query request id status option.
            -C             Change the category of a volume.
            -a             Audit the specifed volume.
            -k[flags]      Assign a category to a device in the Library.
                           flags should be the following:
                                O  Enable Category Order
                                C  Clear out ICL
                                G  Generate First Mount
                                A  Enable Auto Mount
                                X  Remove category assignment from drive
                                Valid combinations: OG, OA, GA, OGA
                           Loader associated with the Library.
            -r             Reserve a category
            -R             Release a category
            -S             Set category attribute
            -s[category]   Source or starting category.
            -t[category]   Target category.
            -L[list]       List of Volume serial numbers
            -V[volser]     Volume serial number
            -N[name]       Category Name Attribute to assign to category.
            -h[hostid]     host id for reserve/release category
                           or R/A option for query command
            -u             Include usage date in expanded volume data.
                           Default is ISO format with period separator.
            -F[flags]      Format and/or separator for volume usage date
                           flags can be:
                                I  ISO/Japan yyyy.mm.dd
                                E  European dd.mm.yyyy
                                U  USA mm.dd.yyyy
                                p  period separator mm.dd.yyyy
                                d  dash separator mm-dd-yyyy
                                s  slash separator mm/dd/yyyy
            -v             Verbose.
            -#[number]     Category sequence number or number of
                           categories to reserve.
            -A             Query library addresses and status
            -?             this help text.

NOTE:   The  -l argument is required.
--
Richard