ADSM-L

EXPORT SERVER not dumping backup index data

2000-09-18 22:47:42
Subject: EXPORT SERVER not dumping backup index data
From: "MacDonald, David DA" <MacDonald.David.DA AT BHP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 13:47:09 +1100
I'm doing an export of a 5Gig database, with the following command:

export server devclass=expfile vol=data1.exp,data2.exp,data3.exp,data4.exp
filedata=none

My understanding is that this command will dump the entire contents of the
database (i.e. admin, node, policy info, as well as backup index information).
In reality it dumps about 16k of data, which from the activity log seems to be
only the admin, node, and policy info, but no backup file information.

If I use the "filedata=all" option, it appears to start dumping actual backup
files (dumped 13 Gig before filling up the filesystem).

Is this the right way to dump index information (we're migrating to another
server, and taking the existing tape storage pools with us). Is the command
working how it is supposed to?

Please CC replies to me directly. Thanks for any help you can provide.

David Macdonald
Unix Services (Wollongong)
CSC TS
+61 2 4275 7163

EOM

NOTICE - This message contains information intended only for the use of the
addressee named above.  It may also be confidential and/or privileged.  If you
are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that you
must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it.  If you have
received this message in error please notify postmaster AT bhp DOT com.