ADSM-L

Re: oracle tdp/rman/rman repository issues

2000-09-17 14:08:29
Subject: Re: oracle tdp/rman/rman repository issues
From: Kenneth & Susan Bury <kbury AT CAROLINA.RR DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 14:08:08 -0400
We are in the process of implementing the same type of architecture. Without
going into details, the amount of data that the RMAN database needs to keep
track of is a couple hundred MB (I'm not sure how your DBAs came up with
that 36 GB). The Oracle app with 2 versions and tables fits nicely in a 5 GB
partition.  We have not gone into full production but the impact on
performance during testing has been barely measurable.
I was skeptical at first but I feel that our DR plan is improved by having
the RMAN databases located on the ADSM server.

Ken