ADSM-L

Re: 3494 Connectivity and lmcp

2000-09-14 13:46:57
Subject: Re: 3494 Connectivity and lmcp
From: Tom Melton <Tom_Melton AT EMORY DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:46:55 -0500
Found the problem, the cable we were using for the tty connection to the
3494 apparently was not a null modem cable, and so I added a null modem
adapter and all is well.

Thanks, especially to Richard (rbs AT bu DOT edu) .

-Tom
>>> <rbs AT bu DOT edu> 09/13/00 01:00PM >>>
>>> <rbs AT bu DOT edu> 09/13/00 01:00PM >>>
>The port is available, but will not initialize.  I have contacted IBM.

Ah.  Good to have found something there.

>Different question, kinda drawn out, you accept phone calls?  This
>concerns RS/6000 escon attached 3490s and scsi attached 3590s in the
>same machine.  Want to take a shot at the question?

I have experience with scsi attached 3590s, but not ESCON, so I could
not provide insight on the combo.  Sorry.  If you should need to call,
though:  617 353-8249.

  Richard