ADSM-L

Re: FW: Losing connection--help!

2000-09-13 16:39:15
Subject: Re: FW: Losing connection--help!
From: Jacques_Butcher/MAXTEC%MAXTEC AT MAXTEC.CO DOT ZA
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:36:58 +0200
I had the same problem. I've played with two parameters in the dsmserv.opt
which seems to help a little bit They are "idletimeout" and "commtimeout".
I've set them both to 300 (seconds) since the defaults are relatively low
anyway.
See if this helps you at all and let us know.

                    "Fujikawa,
                    Walt"                To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <WFujikaw@EBM        cc:
                    UD.COM>              Subject:     FW: Losing
connection--help!
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    2000/09/13
                    10:31 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Yes.  I get this during restores of large .ppt files.  I've yet to open a
PMR with Tivoli because of a backlog, and I have a workaround.  It happened
when restoring a large directory (1.5 gb), with hundreds of files.  The
restore was choking on .ppt files in the 20mb range.  When I restored the
.ppt files only (1st), then went over the top of it skipping the already
restored .ppt files, I was successful.  So, yours may be choking on a
particular file.  You may want to make sure you are scheduling the job so
you can see the dsmsched.log and see where it's stopping.  A call to Tivoli
is probably in order and you will need to run a trace.

Walt Fujikawa
East Bay Water Systems Programming
wfujikaw AT ebmud DOT com <mailto:wfujikaw AT ebmud DOT com>