ADSM-L

QRE: TDP for Exchange - License registration

2000-09-13 11:36:00
Subject: QRE: TDP for Exchange - License registration
From: "Talafous, John G." <Talafous AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:27:43 -0400
I 'am' running TSM 3.7 on AIX.  As I said, The Tivoli Storage Manager for
AIX Administrator's Reference Version 3 Release 7 manual documents the
command as "file=filename.lic".  I used this syntax until I turned blue in
the face. It did not work.

I then used the file(filename.lic) command.  Yes, my server is AIX 3.7 but
the workstation I am executing the Admin client interface on is WindowsNT
with TSM 4.1. Does this mean that I need to find the Administrative
Reference for WindowsNT and use it in conjunction with the Administrative
Reference for AIX? And know when to use which one?

It is too bad that IBM/Tivoli can't have a small amount of consistency
between simple things like command syntax from the Admin interface.

jt