ADSM-L

Re: client file's permission, created date, midified date?

2000-09-12 20:34:47
Subject: Re: client file's permission, created date, midified date?
From: Andy Raibeck <Andrew_Raibeck AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 17:34:48 -0700
File attributes are not available via the tables (I guess you
want to use the SELECT command to get this information). The
attribute information is only available via the same kind of
client you used to back up the file. That is, if you used the
Windows client to back up a file, only the Windows client can
get the file attributes.

The TSM server is not aware of individual file attributes per
se. While the server does store the attributes given to it by
the client, but it does not kow how to interpret them, nor is
there any way to get them in their "raw" (uninterpreted) format.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM/Tivoli
e-mail: andrew.raibeck AT tivoli DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

Hi all,

I would like to find out which tables holds the information like client
file's permission, file created date and modified date. Do you know where it
is? Thanks.

Best regards,
Phillip Guan
Sansia System Solutions