ADSM-L

Re: /etc/vfs with no data

2000-09-12 11:57:53
Subject: Re: /etc/vfs with no data
From: Shekhar Dhotre <Shekhar.Dhotre.B AT BAYER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 11:58:00 -0400
yes , i was trying to install latest patches , for TSM client on the same Box
and the box went down ,
IBM told me due to i chose installation of HSM client , which i was not using
, but this is wrong , i dont see any reason
when adding extra software which you are not using could cause such a problem
or i am not aware of.
the patch installation was for  TSM  schedule was missing on both the boxes
prod and devolopment environment
the problem of schedule got solved after changing limits to unlimited .
if anybody is missing schedule or the damons   dsmc sched is dieing
automatically
try
ulimit -m unlimited
ulimit -n unlimited

now one box contains o bytes in /etc/vfs  and have renamed as vfs.old and
vfs.new  and we was wondering who made this changes .
# ls -la vfs*
-rw-r--r--   1 root     system         0 Aug 18 17:55 vfs
-rw-r--r--   1 root     system         0 Aug 18 17:55 vfs.new
-rw-r--r--   1 root     system         0 Aug 18 17:55 vfs.new
-rw-r--r--   1 root     system         0 Aug 18 17:55 vfs.old
-rw-r--r--   1 root     system         0 Aug 18 17:55 vfs.old
#
#

and another box  which did mksysb well contains   1431

medrs2:ls -la vfs*
-rw-r--r--   1 root     system      1431 Dec 20 1999  vfs
medrs2:oslevel
medrs2:oslevel
4.3.3.0
medrs2:

i want to ask everybody what is the size of the /etc/vfs on your systems so
that i can copy  this file from
another server to the problem server where it shows  o bytes /etc/vfs .
IBM told me right now they  are having 1469 bytes , but i forgot to ask them
oslevel ?
i am on 4.3.3.0   so pls . tell me .

"DDA.RFC-822=ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU/P=Internet/A= /C=us" on 09/12/2000
10:53:30 AM
Please respond to "DDA.RFC-822=ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU/P=Internet/A= /C=us"
@ X400