ADSM-L

Re: Server won't start from the INITTAB

2000-09-12 10:09:01
Subject: Re: Server won't start from the INITTAB
From: "Richard L. Rhodes" <rhodesr AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 10:13:13 -5
On 12 Sep 2000, at 8:04, Richard Sims wrote:
> >We are having problems starting our server automatically via the INITTAB
> >file.
> >Explanation (fstat error): A file or directory in the path name does not
> >exist.
>
> The server is testing for its database and recovery log volumes, per the
> dsmserv.dsk file, and cannot find them.

Let me show my ignorance . . . . .

When I setup our little test *SM instance I installed it in a
different location than the default.  I was pretending I was setting
up a second instance.  To start the instance I had to change the
current directory to the location of the dsmserv.dsk file.  To get it
to start from the inittab file I had to add a "cd" command this
directory.  If I didn't, I started up the *SM instance that gets
installed with *SM.

So, if you instance is installed outside of the default, try adding a
"cd" to the directory where your dsmserv.dsk file is located.

Rick