ADSM-L

Moving Exchange Server

2000-09-11 03:46:45
Subject: Moving Exchange Server
From: "Rupp Thomas (Illwerke)" <thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 09:46:49 +0200
Hi *SM-ers,

a bit off-topic but ...
We are running MS Exchange 5.5 with all the Exchange data files on
local disks (F:).
Now we want to move from local disks to an ESS (Shark).
Our Exchange admin (rather new in this area) wants to
*       Shutdown Exchange
*       Copy all Exchange files to another drive
*       Drop drive F:
*       assign the ESS space as drive F: to the Exchange server
*       copy all the Exchange files back to drive F:
*       Startup Exchange

Do you think this should work or should we use our disaster recovery
procedure (with TDP for Exchange) for this move?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards and greetings from Austria
Thomas Rupp
Vorarlberger Illwerke AG