ADSM-L

Re: Monitoring, and Generating alerts from ADSM.

2000-09-10 04:28:41
Subject: Re: Monitoring, and Generating alerts from ADSM.
From: Suad Musovich <suad AT CCU1.AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 20:28:45 +1200
We have some Perl scripts which query the activity logs and report on a
bunch of things, like;
* Tape requests (our Silo fillith over)
* successful/missed scheduled sessions
* Summaries
* System alerts

Most things get emailed to the appropriate person. Redirecting to a logging
server wouldnt be too much of a hassle, I wouldn't think.

Cheers, Suad