ADSM-L

MAC Volumes

2000-09-08 09:34:38
Subject: MAC Volumes
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 06:34:00 -0700
I'm getting the following errors when backing up a MAC volume on an NT
Client. This is a new client install and has never been backed up in the
past. The messages have been there for 2 days running, both backups. This is
not the only entry, there are many others, but all seem to be within this
directory structure. I'm wondering if anyone else has run across this
situation. The file is there so I'm wondering if this is a filename or
length issue. The readme for the client does mention something about
"backing up the Mac volumes with USEUNICODEFILENAMES YES", but it also says
it defaults to yes when the language is ameng.
The client is NT4 with TSM client 3.7.2.16

This is in the dsmerror.log:
09/07/2000 19:09:30 ANS1228E Sending of object '\\cp-atalk-serv01\e$\Mac
Support 2\MacOS Installs\Mac OS 8.1\Mac OS 8.1\Full Install Pieces\Software
Installers\Mac OS Runtime for Java\MRJ Install Data\Apple Extras\Mac OS
Runtime For Java\Apple Applet Runner\Applets\Lightweight
RoundButtons\ExampleActionListener.class' failed
09/07/2000 19:09:30 ANS1086E File not found during Backup, Archive or
Migrate processing

This is in the server log for the same file:

09/07/00 19:10:03 ANE4005E (Session: 22676, Node: CP-ATALK-SERV01)  Error
processing '\\cp-atalk-serv01\e$\Mac Support 2\MacOS Installs\Mac OS 8.1\Mac
OS 8.1\Full Install Pieces\Software Installers\Mac OS Runtime for Java\MRJ
Install Data\Apple Extras\Mac OS Runtime For Java\Apple Applet
Runner\Applets\Lightweight RoundButtons\ExampleActionListener.class': file
not found

Thanks for the help...