ADSM-L

Failed Lotus Notes b/ups

2000-09-05 09:52:46
Subject: Failed Lotus Notes b/ups
From: Andy Hynes <andrewhynes AT CHUBB DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 14:32:57 +0100
We are using :
          AIX                      4.3.3
          Notes server                   4.6.4
          ADSM server                    3.1.2.40
          ADSMConnect Agent for LOTUS         2.1.0.9

all running on AIX platforms.  Problem -  when running backups (dsmnotes incr)
the following message appears at the end
of the backup logs

Fatal Error signal = 0x0000000b PID/TID/K-TID = nnnnnn/1/nnnnn
freezing all server threads ...

This is happening a lot on incremental, and every time on full, backups.  It
causes the Lotus Notes serve to hang meaning
we have to restart the server and have lost the nights backup.   In the ADSM
server log we get a message saying it
has not heard from the session for 60 seconds so cancelling.  I'm thinking of
increasing the CommTimeOut option from
60 to 300 seconds - but has anyone seen this before and if so will increasing
timeout option work.  (PS we've sent all the
logs to Lotus helpdesk who say its an ADSM problem - I'm not sure this is the
case - but maybe someone else has had the same).

TIA
Andy