ADSM-L

Re: Long running expiration / Object already expired

2000-09-05 04:35:17
Subject: Re: Long running expiration / Object already expired
From: Sheelagh Treweek <sheelagh.treweek AT COMPUTING-SERVICES.OXFORD.AC DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 09:35:27 +0100
Hi Reinhard,

We get these messages spasmodically (we had them at 3.1 and still
get them at 3.7.3 as well).  Also I think Hanna Hahne reported
earlier this year as well.  They occur only with archived files.
I did have a PMR a few months ago but it went nowhere because I
couldn't reproduce at will and couldn't get the tracing required.
So stalemate.  [The PMR was 06414; I think Hanna also tried the
PMR route ...].  I have to hope they are not harmful!

When I find EXPIRE INVENTORY taking longer than usual I increase
the DB bufferpool size and that usually does the trick : I find
this a more accurate measure (with a large DB) than looking at
the 'Cache Hit Pct' metric, which is always well over 99% here.

Best regards, Sheelagh