ADSM-L

Re: NT client 3.7.2.0 installation

2000-09-02 20:42:53
Subject: Re: NT client 3.7.2.0 installation
From: Daffy duck <switchback60 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 20:40:56 EDT
Eric,

The message "Severe: The service
cannot be installed due to an unknown error".
sounds bad.  I can go to Tivoli.com and use the knowledge base to look that
message up. My gut instinct says to check what is "running" at the time of
install. Microsoft will tell you that 3rd party programs running may
interfere with installations, that is what I bet is occuring. 1) did you
uninstall Antivirus like Norton or Dr Solomon.  2) any other 3rd party apps
that monitor, besides Dr. Watson.

Sam.