ADSM-L

NT Event Logs

2000-08-31 12:08:11
Subject: NT Event Logs
From: "Magura, Curtis" <curtis.magura AT LMCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 12:03:46 -0400
Asked this in the hast of the moment yesterday and didn't see any responses.
Let me try one more time.

We discovered that we are not backing up the NT event logs as part of the
daily scheduled incremental backups. We have issued the backup event and
restore event commands and they work just fine. What we are looking for is
input on what other sites are doing in relation to backing up the NT event
logs. It's not obvious how to automate this. Looked through the options
available in DSM.OPT and didn't see anything. Thought about setting up a
command schedule to do this daily.

Finding it hard to believe this is done as part of the everyday incr. backup
process more or less similar to the NT registry

Thought.... ideas?

Curt Magura
Lockheed Martin EIS
Gaithersburg, Md.