ADSM-L

Re: Can't retrieve another client's files

2000-08-30 16:49:21
Subject: Re: Can't retrieve another client's files
From: Eliza Lau <lau AT VTCAT.CC.VT DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 16:49:25 -0400

> >On spider01.cc.vt.edu:
> >dsmc> set access archive "/home/user/*/*" myclient root
> >
> >On myclient:
> ># dsmc retrieve -fromnode=spider01.cc.vt.edu -fromowner=root
> >"/home/user/lau/test.f"  "/tmp/test.f"
> >ANS4005E Error processing '/tmp': file not found
>
> I'd say it's because you authorized for /home/user, but not for /tmp.

But /tmp is the destination.  I can certainly retrieve to a different path
than the source.  Even the examples in the "Using the BA Clients (Unix)"
show that you can.

For the sake of testing, I created the dir /home/user/lau on myclient and tested
again:
mkdir /home/user/lau
# dsmc retrieve -fromnode=spider01.cc.vt.edu "/home/user/lau/test.f"
"/home/user/lau/test.f"

Retrieving              57 /home/user/lau/test.f --> /home/user/lau/test.f
[Done]

Retrieve processing finished.

IT WORKS!  I learn something new every day.  You can only retrieve to the same
path.  Now the question: is this a feature or a bug?

Thanks Richard.  At least I got it to work.

Eliza