ADSM-L

RAID5 or JBOD: Which Performs Batter in the *SM Environment?

2000-08-28 16:19:55
Subject: RAID5 or JBOD: Which Performs Batter in the *SM Environment?
From: Phil Bone <PBone AT AFLAC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 16:19:04 -0400
We are looking to upgrade our SSA storage on our H50.  Our current
configuration is 16 x 9GB drives.  One the upgrade path is to 16 x 18GB
RAID5.  How will this help or hurt our *SM performance?  Any suggestions on
setting up the filesystems, i.e., a few large ones or several small ones?

Thanks,

Phil

Phil Bone
Sr. Systems Consultant
Network Services, Infrastructure Management
Office: 706.596.5928
Fax: 706.596.5950
Email: pbone AT aflac DOT com
Email: philbone AT mindspring DOT com

Phil Bone
Sr. Systems Consultant
Network Services, Infrastructure Management
Office: 706.596.5928
Fax: 706.596.5950
Email: pbone AT aflac DOT com
Email: philbone AT mindspring DOT com