ADSM-L

Slow restore

2000-08-28 05:47:42
Subject: Slow restore
From: "Rupp Thomas (Illwerke)" <thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 11:47:44 +0200
Hi TSM-ers,

today I tried to restore one of our big NT serves (60G, 450000 files)
The restore is quite slow - only a third of the backup speed.
As our TSM server is connected to our 16MB token ring AND to our
155MB ATM backbone I wanted to be sure that the TSM Server is using
the correct connection.
When I do a NETSTAT on the TSM Server (3466 with TSM 3.7.2) I get the
following output.

I wonder what Send-Q means and why the value is that high!

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address        (state)
tcp4       0  63800  nsm_backbone.ill.1500  node2_backbone.i.3963
ESTABLISHED

Can anyone explain the output from NETSTAT?
Is there a documentation on how to trap slow restore performance?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards
Thomas Rupp
UIS - Informatik Services