ADSM-L

controlling command execution in an scritp

2000-08-25 05:42:37
Subject: controlling command execution in an scritp
From: Maria Paz Gimeno <mpgimeno AT IBERCOM DOT ES>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 11:41:57 +0200
I have this script defined:

MOVE MEDIA STGPOOL=COPIABACKUP WHERESTATE=EMPTY WHERESTATUS=OFFLINE
CHECKIN LIBVOLUME SILO * SEARCH=YES CHECKLABEL=NO STATUS=SCRATCH

The library is a 3494 and the volumes that the move media will recall are
already inserted in the library, we do first a select to find the volumes that
will fit the move media and insert them in the 3494.
The problem we are having at times is that, as there is no wait parameter in
the move media, both commands are started concurrently, and the checkin finishs
before the move media have changed all tapes to scratch, and for those tapes
the checkin fails saying that scratch is not valid status for the volume.
Do you know how can I separate the execution fo both commands?
I have tried a GOTO but it is not allowed to go back in the script, I can not
find any sleep or wait command.
Will commit do the trick? In the book it says is for macros, but can it be used
for this same purpose on scritps?
Thanks for your help
Maria