ADSM-L

Re: Database sizing question

2015-10-04 17:28:41
Subject: Re: Database sizing question
From: Brian Nick [mailto:BRIAN_NICK AT PHL DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Peter,

  Just a bit of info. We are running ADSM v3.1.2.50 on OS/390 v2.8 our ADSM
data base is 21GB supporting 152 clients. Total backup files 26,000,000
total archive files 4,000,000. Data base is currently at 50% utilization.
Hope this helps.

Brian L. Nick
System Programmer - Storage Solutions
Phoenix Home Life Mutual Ins.
100 Bright Meadow Blvd
Enfield CT. 06082-1900

E-MAIL:  Brian_Nick AT PHL DOT COM
PHONE:   (860)403-2281

                    "Coles,
                    Peter"               To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <PJCg AT PGE DOT COM        cc:
                    >                    Subject:     Database sizing
question
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    08/22/2000
                    04:19 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

I am in the process of moving from ADSM on an AIX system to TSM on OS/390
(I
know, I know). In calculating the database size in accordance with TSM
Implementation Guide (Redbook) for 40 servers with approximately 3.4
million
files with a 60 day retention requirement I get a db size of ~128 GB. This
seems a bit much for me. Currently on the AIX side my db size is 3.7 GB.

Any ideas....
Peter Coles
Pacific Gas and Electric Company
pjcg AT pge DOT com