ADSM-L

Re: Disk Storage Pool Volume

2000-08-23 10:09:15
Subject: Re: Disk Storage Pool Volume
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 09:09:09 -0500
that is a little quirk/bug...I think it might only be with raw logical
volumes, we ran into it a while back (that version sounds maybe about right)
Oh, just checked, I've still got one of these volumes and still can't get
rid of it at 3.7.2.0
yet another reason NOT to use raw logical volumes (haven't ever had this
with jfs files)
Storage Management Server for AIX-RS/6000 - Version 3, Release 7, Level 2.0
I'll work on this and if I can scratch the volume I'll pass on the info

tsm: XXXXXXXX>q vol /dev/rtdcdsm121*

Volume Name               Storage      Device      Estimated    Pct   Volume
                          Pool Name    Class Name   Capacity   Util   Status
                                                        (MB)
------------------------  -----------  ----------  ---------  -----
--------
--------
/dev/rtdcdsm121lvb        DISKPOOL1    DISK              0.0    0.0
/dev/rtdcdsm121lvb        DISKPOOL1    DISK              0.0    0.0
Off-Line

tsm: XXXXXXXX>del vol /dev/rtdcdsm121lvb
ANR2220W This command will delete volume /dev/rtdcdsm121lvb from its storage
pool after verifying that the volume contains no data.

Do you wish to proceed? (Yes/No) y
ANS8001I Return code 13.

tsm: XXXXXXXX>del vol /dev/rtdcdsm121lvb discard=yes
ANR2221W This command will result in the deletion of all inventory