ADSM-L

Migrating TSM from AIX to Solaris

2000-08-23 00:07:39
Subject: Migrating TSM from AIX to Solaris
From: "MacDonald, David DA" <MacDonald.David.DA AT BHP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 14:02:56 +1000
We are planning to migrate our 3.7.3 TSM server from AIX 4.3.3 to Solaris 2.6.

We have an IBM 3494ATL with four 3590 tape drives.

Will the format of the databases be the same? Is it possible to shutdown TSM
and copy the *.dsm files, or should I do a database recovery to the new
machine? How about if we decided to migrate from 3.7.3 on AIX to 4.x on Solaris?

Is there anything else we need to consider?

Dave.

EOM

NOTICE - This message contains information intended only for the use of the
addressee named above.  It may also be confidential and/or privileged.  If you
are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that you
must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it.  If you have
received this message in error please notify postmaster AT bhp DOT com.