ADSM-L

Re: Unknown error

2000-08-22 07:50:48
Subject: Re: Unknown error
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 07:50:27 -0400
>Today on a restart I received the following messages when the server was
>coming up. Anyone know what this is????
>
>08/21/00 14:29:30     ANR9999D asutil.c(215): Pool id 18 not found.

Geoff - I encourage people to reference my ADSM functional directory at
        http://people.bu.edu/rbs, where I've accumulated real-world
descriptions of many messages like this one.  To wit:

ANR9999D asutil.c(215): Pool id 27 not found.
        A storage pool shows up numerically during *SM start-up or reclamation.
        This message may be caused by the disappearance (unusual removal) of a
        storage pool which ADSM knew to be valid. Maybe you had some copy groups
        (under management classes) that pointed to these storage pools. (*SM may
        let you delete a storage pool even though you have copy groups using
        it/them.) May be able to fix by updating the copy groups and activate
        the policy set again and these should clear.  One user reports being
        able to accidentally fix this by going into the admin graphical
        interface (dsmadm); when he went to exit from the reclamation tab of the
        3570 pool it asked if he wanted to save changes.  He did not think I had
        changed anything, but went ahead & let it save.  That appeared to fix
        the problem.  Otherwise, run an AUDITDB to reconcile the database with
        reality.

 Richard Sims, BU