ADSM-L

Re: Running multiple Schedule on Solaris Clusters

2015-10-04 17:28:41
Subject: Re: Running multiple Schedule on Solaris Clusters
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi Andrew,
you can't have two DSM.SYS, but you can define different groups of options
within one, e.g.:

SERVERNAME        OBJ_LOCAL
SCHEDLOGNAME   /var/log/dsmsched.local.log
ERRORLOGNAME  /val/log/dsmerror.local.log
INCLEXCL                   /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/inclexcl.local
...       and all other things you have today
...       and then the same again with
SERVERNAME        OBJ_CLUSTER
SCHEDLOGNAME   /var/log/dsmsched.cluster.log
ERRORLOGNAME  /val/log/dsmerror.cluster.log
INCLEXCL                   /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/inclexcl.cluster
...       and the same as above

Then you define your option files
dsm.opt.local:
SERVERNAME      OBJ_LOCAL
Virtualnode               localnode
dsm.opt.cluster:
SERVERNAME     OBJ_CLUSTER
Virtualnode              clusternode

Then define your inclexcl files using INCLUDE.FS and EXCLUDE.FS

Now you can start the schedulers pointing to your optfiles
       ......    dsmc   sched -optfile=

Regards, Karl

Andrew Webster <andrew-m.webster AT DB DOT COM> on 21.08.2000 15:23:50