ADSM-L

rs232 vs Ethernet Re: 3494 and RS6000 SP connection

2000-08-21 09:33:24
Subject: rs232 vs Ethernet Re: 3494 and RS6000 SP connection
From: "Williams, Tim" <Tim.Williams AT FRITOLAY DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 08:32:29 -0500
        Just another note on Ethernet vs rs232....
        I've seen our lan have so much traffic that it has hampered
communications between the RS6000 and the 3494...this type of connection
        is also subject to any adverse changes between the rs6000 and the
3494.....
        rs232 on the other hand should be a very solid connection
        Although we have both..I've only seen "broken pipe" messages/issues
with the Ethernet connection.
        FYI Thanks Tim

        Eric Tang <tangeric AT HK1.IBM DOT COM>
        08/20/2000 09:42 PM