ADSM-L

Three questions

2015-10-04 17:28:41
Subject: Three questions
From: Fred Johanson
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
3.      Is there an easy way to copy scripts from one server to
another?  I'm not looking forward to hand typing from one AIX machine to
another.

Hi Fred,

From an admin command line, type "HELP Q SCRIPT" to get the syntax for QUERY
SCRIPT.

You can run the command:  Q SCRIPT scriptname FORMAT=RAW OUTPUTFILE=blah
to dump the source lines for a script into an ASCII flat file.

Then use FTP (or a floppy via sneaker-net, whatever) to move the flat files
to your other TSM server machine.

On the second machine, you run DEFINE SCRIPT with the FILE parm to re-create
the script from the ASCII file.

I maintain all my scripts this way.  I keep all the source text for my
server scripts in a directory on the server, and update them with vi (or
whatever your favorite editor).  Then use a DELETE SCRIPT and DEFINE SCRIPT
to recreate them when changes are needed.  I find it MUCH easier to make
changes in the text that way than trying to use UPDATE SCRIPT commands.

Hope that's the answer you are looking for..

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769