ADSM-L

Re: ADSM-L Digest - 21 Jul 2000 to 22 Jul 2000 (#2000-200)

2000-08-18 12:33:13
Subject: Re: ADSM-L Digest - 21 Jul 2000 to 22 Jul 2000 (#2000-200)
From: Lindsay Morris <lmorris AT GRESHAMSTORAGE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 12:26:23 -0400
NT (and most OSes) detect hardware configuration at boot time.
If you restore \WINNT\SYSTEM32, you overwrite what the machine detected with
what the old machine had.  A bad thing.

Prevention: exclude \WINNT\SYSTEM32 from backups.  (Maybe exclude all of
\WINNNT ? Not sure.)

Solution to your problem: here are notes from a couple of successes from
this list.

 Hi all -