ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:28:41
From: JohnMonahan AT libertydiversified DOT com on 08/16/2000 08:55 PM GMT
Please respond to ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu

To:   ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
cc:
Subject:  Re: HIGH CPU USAGE

I also use NAV 5.01.01, I was disabling all 3 services, but have since
found that just disabling NAV Auto-Protect seems to do the trick in my
case.  Some of my clients have identical hardware, software, and configs,
but don't experience this problem.  I'm waiting to try an upgrade of NAV to
see if that helps any.

    John Monahan
    Network Administrator
    Liberty Diversified Industries
    (763) 536-6677

                    Andrew Webster
                    <andrew-m.webst        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    er AT DB DOT COM>             cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:        Subject:     HIGH CPU USAGE
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MARI
                    ST.EDU>

                    08/15/00 05:29
                    AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hi John, Ed,

     Precisely which Norton Services did you have to stop? I find three
services on my clients:-
     NAV Alert
     NAV Auto-Protect (Stopped for backups)
     Norton Program Scheduler

     As you saying I need to stop all of them, including the "Alert" one.
Or are you saying you need to "disable" them so that they never start?
     Isn't there a Norton Device Driver (Control Panel|Services) do you do
anything with that?

All,

     Anyone have experience backup non-English  languages and gets
hangs/high CPU utilization on NT. We sure do on Japanese NT machines.

Regards
     Andrew

Re: HIGH CPU USAGE
 Forum:     ADSM - ADSTAR Distributed Storage Management
 Date:        Aug 14, 12:56
 From:       Pabalate, Ed <epabala AT CITY.NORFOLK.VA DOT US>

John,

Here is the quote from our Client Guy, "It=92s confirmed!  In order to =
fix my
CPU-at-100% problem, I had to disable the Norton AntiVirus services.  =
Once
this was disabled, everything functions properly and the cpu does not =
clock
up to 100% and stay there like it used to.  I=92m not sure how NAV is =
causing
the ADSM problem, but it is definitely related..!" Thanks to all your
help!.....

Ed