ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:28:41
We are currently running  ADSM Sever Code 3.1.2.40 on AIX 4.3.2 using =
an IBM
3466 NSM
Some of our Oracle Databases have now grown to 100Gb. We shutdown the
database in a pre script run the backup
then restart the databases with the post script. However the backups =
take
about 7 hrs backing up the 100 GB.
My questions are using the Oracle Connect agent  :-
1)      Can the backups run allowing hot backups (database kept up =
whilst
backup running)
2)      How does the connect agent backup only updated parts of the =
Oracle
database
3)      Approx how much data will be backed up from a 100Gb database =
using
the connect agent
4)      Is the connect agent installed and configured on the client =
using
Oracle or ADSM client code

Regards,
Keith Etherington,