ADSM-L

wierd archive / retrieve stuff...

2000-08-15 13:36:06
Subject: wierd archive / retrieve stuff...
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 12:35:24 -0500
tsm server   Server Version 3, Release 7, Level 2.0
Client Version: Version 3, Release 1, Level 0.8   Platform: SUN SOLARIS
Client OS Level: 5.6

well, I see what part of my problem might be now...

but anyway if you query the file systems of the client from an admin session
on the server you see
/d105
/d105/oracle
/d105/oracle/ORASHSDA
as three unique file systems
you have a file /d105/oracle/ORASHSDA/system02_ORASHSDA.dbf
that file was archived but a
        dsmc> q archive /d105/oracle/ORASHSDA/system02_ORASHSDA.dbf
yields "no files found"
the only way to find that file is with a
        retrieve -pick -subdir=yes -fromd=08/09/2000 -tod=08/09/2000
/d105/oracle/
note where I could only specify the "file system" level in the name...

just a note so if anyone is trying to perform a retrieve of a/some files and
can't find them, try a subdir=yes and a file system boundary from a pick
list.

Oh, how did I determine to try this ? ? ?

/d105/oracle : /ORASHSDA/ system02_ORASHSDA.dbf (MC: DEFAULT)
Inserted 08/09/00 19:04:57

shows the file at file system /d105/oracle, in subdirectory /ORASHSDA/ and
then file blah...

later,
Dwight

Well, that was a fun morning trying to figure out why both a DBA and "root"
couldn't retrieve a file I kept telling them did really exist on the tsm
server ;-}