ADSM-L

Re: TSM 3.7.2 NetWare 5.1 NDS 8

2000-08-15 11:29:19
Subject: Re: TSM 3.7.2 NetWare 5.1 NDS 8
From: Rolf Bogus <rolf.bogus AT URZ.UNI-HEIDELBERG DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 17:29:17 +0200
Brian,

>  Is anyone running TSM 3.7.2 on a Netware 5.1 server with NDS 8? We are
> testing this version out right now and we notice that when a backup of the
> NDS tree is initiated from TSM that cache buffers are used during the
> backup but not release until the backup completes. On our test server this
> works fine because there are not many objects under the tree but we have
> production servers that have millions of objects in the tree. Under Netware
> 4.11 NDS 6.10 the buffers are allocated and released as the backup runs.
>
>  I am not a Novell support individual but I am being told by our Netware
> support staff that this is potentially a major problem. I have an open
> incident with IBM/Tivoli on this but I have not had any success in finding
> a resolution.

same to us: we also have an open incident with IBM/Tivoli on this. Backing
up the NDS on our production server (512 MB memory) crashes the server,
when all memory is eaten up.

Rolf

Rolf Bogus                   email: Rolf.Bogus AT URZ.Uni-Heidelberg DOT DE
Rolf Bogus                   email: Rolf.Bogus AT URZ.Uni-Heidelberg DOT DE
Universitaetsrechenzentrum
Im Neuenheimer Feld 293      phone: +49 (6221) 54 4507
D 69120 Heidelberg           fax:   +49 (6221) 54 5581