ADSM-L

Re: Backup stgpool bug

2000-08-10 11:13:03
Subject: Re: Backup stgpool bug
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 17:13:03 +0200
Hi Richard!
This file was part of a filespace migration for one of my clients (migration
to Veritas filesystem on a Sun client).
My biggest concern is that the client did report 0 errors during the initial
backup! The file was backed up by the client, send to the server and written
to tape with no errors according to TSM. When we tried to restore the file
in question on the client, it resulted in a "not available on server"
message.
I think that during that attempt the file was marked damaged in TSM and thus
TSM skips the file during storage pool backup operation.
The file in question was a database that was obsolete after the migration.
(Am I lucky!)
I now have the nasty feeling that a successful backup does not guarantee a
successful restore...
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon