ADSM-L

Re: I have a ( stupid) netware restore question

2000-08-10 10:45:20
Subject: Re: I have a ( stupid) netware restore question
From: S W Branch <swbranc AT PPCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 09:45:20 -0500
Chris,
I've seen this behavior prior to availability of the levels of server and
client that supported long file names in Novell. It had to do with
collisions in converting the file/directory name to the DOS 8.3 format and
the order in which the files/directories were processed during the restore.
I was hoping that this would no longer be a problem now that long file
names are supposed to be fully supported.

Steve Branch
Phillips Petroleum
e-mail: swbranc AT ppco DOT com

"Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on
08/10/2000 08:41:28 AM

Any replies will be addressed to: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>