ADSM-L

Re: Backup stgpool bug

2000-08-10 07:53:00
Subject: Re: Backup stgpool bug
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 06:53:00 -0500
Well, technically they are in sync 'cause the file doesn't exist in either
pool !

Granted the damaged file is a problem...

Being a .dbf  I'm guessing that was an archived file... if it were a "backed
up file" TSM, now that the file has been identified as damaged, would back
it up during the next run of incremental processing and would get copied out
in the next backup of the storage pool.

Yep, I've run across a few messages that I'm a little worried 'cause they
are anr????W and not E.

You might look back as far as your activity log permits to try and see if
maybe that file/volume actually triggered an anr????E at some point in
time... due to the way it states "skipping damaged file" it makes me think
it was already marked that way.

Dwight