ADSM-L

Backup stgpool bug

2000-08-10 04:41:51
Subject: Backup stgpool bug
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 10:41:51 +0200
Hi *SM-ers!
I discovered a real big problem with TSM (3.7.3 on AIX).
Yesterday I ran a backup stgpool and I came across the following message in
the activity log:

08/10/2000 00:52:45 ANR1257W Storage pool backup skipping damaged file on
volume 0630A5: Node OD6-VERITAS, Type Backup, File space /data0002, File
name /ora/klapa/dbdata/klapasxb1_1.dbf.

At the end of the process TSM reported:

08/10/2000 04:57:22 ANR0986I Process 1 for BACKUP STORAGE POOL running in
the BACKGROUND processed 498358 items for a total of 372,096,556,497 bytes
with a completion state of SUCCESS at 04:57:22.
08/10/2000 04:57:22 ANR1214I Backup of primary storage pool NEXTGEN to copy
storage pool NEXTGENCOPY has ended.  Files Backed Up: 498358, Bytes Backed
Up: 372096556497, Unreadable Files: 0, Unreadable Bytes: 0.

State of SUCCESS????? 0 Unreadable Bytes? This in NOT correct! My copypool
is currently NOT in sync with my primary pool. In this case I discovered it
because I was browsing the activity log, but how many times have I missed
this in the past? And why is TSM issuing a message "damaged file" while
there is no I/O error on the tape?
This definitely does not feel good!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified
that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or
distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or attachment is
strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by
error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this
message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or
its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission
of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt.