ADSM-L

Re: Hail the power of SQL!

2000-08-09 15:15:29
Subject: Re: Hail the power of SQL!
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 15:15:29 -0400
dsmadmc -id=admin -pa=xxxxx 'select stgpool_name,count(*) from volumes group by
 stgpool_name'

>>> Daniel.Swan AT TELUS DOT COM 08/09/00 03:15PM >>>
Today I've been learning SQL to help gather info about my ADSM setup, and
I'm absolutely ecstatic it's power and flexibility.

A week ago, a 'SQL for ADSM' cheat sheet would have been indispensible to
me, but I didn't know of one.  Does such a thing
exist?  If it doesn't, I think I'll write one up and post it to the list,
for the sake of other ADSM newbie admins. ("help select" was somewhat
useful, but doesn't really make the grade).

While we are on the topic, does anyone have any favorite SQL statements
they'd like to share?