ADSM-L

DIRMC not working???

2000-08-09 12:23:28
Subject: DIRMC not working???
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 09:23:28 -0700
ADSM Server 3.1.2.55 on AIX 4.3.3
Client OS = Solaris 5.6 ADSM = Version 3, Release 1, Level 0.6 (for Sun
Solaris)

I'm being told by the Unix administrator he is having a problem with "only
one" of his clients. Of the 10 clients he has, I have them all in the same
domain. In that domain there are 4 management classes so I've asked him to
add the line DIRMC to his dsm.sys file. All the others seem to work fine but
this one, and I don't understand why. Here is the message he is getting:

        *  There were a number of files that were not backed
           up with the message:

           ANS1105E The management class for this file does not have a valid
backup copy group.
           This file will not be backed up.

           Yes, there the "Dirmc UNIX_DAILY_MGT" line is in the dsm.sys file
(for several weeks), yet           files are still not being backed up.

        *  The last message of the backup is

           ANS1802E Incremental backup of
'/export/home0/nh/web/output/users'
           finished with 5310 failure.