ADSM-L

Re: Help with scheduling ADSM tasks into blocks of time.

2000-08-08 17:47:24
Subject: Re: Help with scheduling ADSM tasks into blocks of time.
From: "Williams, Tim" <Tim.Williams AT FRITOLAY DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 16:47:24 -0500
        Yes...you may have missed something, but it could be
environmental...
        "MY" environment:
        all flavors of backups and archives (NT, os/2 (don't laugh), novell,
aix)..including oracle...etc   6pm to 6am
        7:29 turn off reclaimation (reclaim no) - so no tape drives are used
for this
        7:29 turn off migration (upd stgpools) - so no tape drives are used
for this
        7:30 move data commands from disk to tape (tape local)
        after that backup stg pools (tapepoolx to tapepooly)....to make the
vault copy
        bring tapes back from the vault
        backup the tsm database
        eject vault copy of tapes including the backup of the tsm database
        spit out select statement reports to show tape operators what will
be ejecting (to go to the vault) and what should be brought
          back the next day from the vault
        turn on reclaimation
        update stg pools such that migration can happen
        ***by the way, I use an 'external' scheduler (like Maestro, ESP,
ca7, autosys, etc...) and leverage it to run move datas prior to backup
storage pools,
        which all finish prior to the backup of the database...etc....the
tsm internal scheduler doesn't have this kind of capability.

        Fyi Thanks Tim Williams
        (972) 376-7774

        Daniel Swan/TM <Daniel.Swan AT TELUS DOT COM>
        08/08/2000 04:37 PM