ADSM-L

Re: Preferred server? ADSM on NT vs ADSM on AIX (3466 Comments)

2000-08-08 08:49:12
Subject: Re: Preferred server? ADSM on NT vs ADSM on AIX (3466 Comments)
From: Phil Bone <PBone AT AFLAC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 08:49:12 -0400
Just a side comment on the 3466:  The "no upgrade" dilemma seems to have
come early for me.  We have a 3466 with one drawer of 9GB SSA (JBOD).  We
were hoping to reconfigure the DASD to a RAID5 configuration.

The story that I am getting is that a RAID5 set of 9GB drives is not a
supported configuration.  O.K., then we chunk the 9GB drives and put in a
drawer of 18's which do support RAID5, right?  Nope.  The "configuration"
(the software that IBM uses to quote you an upgrade) does not support
removing the 9's.  Well, the last resort is to add more 9's (not what we
want to do).  But no!!  The 9's are no longer available!!  ARGHHH!!!!

Phil Bone
Sr. Systems Consultant
Network Services, Infrastructure Management
Office: 706.596.5928
Fax: 706.596.5950
Email: pbone AT aflac DOT com
Email: philbone AT mindspring DOT com