ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Antwort: Adsm concepts

2000-08-07 06:07:33
Subject: Re: Antwort: Antwort: Adsm concepts
From: Matthias Hensel <mhl AT CARUS DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 12:07:33 +0200
what you can do with adsm to put your data offsite is to create a copy
storagepool for your primary storagepool. then you copy your backup data each
day to synchronise the primary with the copypool and at the end of the week
you checkout all copypool tapes and take them to your bank.
through space reclamation the offsite tapes will become empty depending on
your policies, and you can check them in again. to keep track of this process
you can use DRM of TSM/ADSM.
This way you double your data, but need less tapes than with weekly
full-backups and off course you have your data present (up to the last
incremental) also it is in the bank.

Matthias