ADSM-L

HIGH CPU USAGE

2000-08-04 08:08:48
Subject: HIGH CPU USAGE
From: "Pabalate, Ed" <epabala AT CITY.NORFOLK.VA DOT US>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 08:08:48 -0400
Our network guy complaining and stated:

"I’m experiencing a problem with ADSM with the following symptom:  cpu
usage, after less than a day, is shown to be at 100% because of the
dsmcsvc.exe process.  Further, I am unable to kill the process except by
rebooting the system.  The process gets called initially because of the ADSM
Central Scheduler service in NT 4.  Once there, it behaves normally until
(presumably) the backup starts.  When I come in the next morning, the cpu is
shown to be at 100% because of it.  I’ve uninstalled and re-installed the
software but to no avail.  I’m running ADSM client version 3.1 on WinNT 4.0
SP5 on a Compaq Proliant 3000.  This problem just cropped up, and prior to
this new occurrence, this box had been running ADSM fine for a year or so.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should try next?"

Any help/suggestion out there is appreciated.  THANKS!!!!