ADSM-L

converting from aix/adsm v3.1.2.50 server to winnt/tsm v4.1

2000-08-03 17:37:00
Subject: converting from aix/adsm v3.1.2.50 server to winnt/tsm v4.1
From: Steve Bennett <steve_bennett AT ADMIN.STATE.AK DOT US>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 13:37:00 -0800
I will be migrating my aix/adsm v3.1.2.50 server to winnt/tsm 4.1.

Normally you could do this by migrating all of the diskpools to the
tapepool on the tape library, locking all the clients, backing up the
adsm db, moving the tape lib to the new platform and then restoring the
adsm db to the new winnt/tsm server. However I do not know if the change
of server version might complicate things.

Question: Can I restore the adsm v3.1.2.50 db backup to a tsm v4.1
server?

TIA

--
Steve Bennett, (907) 465-5783