ADSM-L

Weird scratch tape activity

2000-08-03 13:45:02
Subject: Weird scratch tape activity
From: Ugo Pistacchio <USP AT NRC DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 13:45:02 -0400
We are running ADSM 3.1 on an NT box with a STK 9740 library.  We have been
running out of scratch tapes at an alarming rate.  When I free up some scratch
tapes, if i continually run Q LIBV, I see the scratch tapes being used up
almost immediately.  ADSM will turn one scratch tape into a Database tape and
then the next into a Data tape and continue doing so until all the scratch
tapes are used up;about 25 in an hour.  All this happening before my eyes with
no processes running.

Any ideas?

Thanx to all the ADSM'ers!